What is media mail shipping?
- Media Mail is a cost-effective way to send media and educational materials offered by USPS. Only books qualify for Media Mail shipping, so any of our other products - spices, olive oils, tea towels, etc. - cannot be shipped using this method.
How much does shipping cost?
- Media mail shipping costs $5 for the first book, and $1 for each additional book. All other shipping options, including international, are based on the weight of the books and vary greatly. Curbside pickup is always free
How long does shipping take?
- Shipping estimates vary depending on the destination of the package. USPS estimates that Media Mail will arrive in 2 to 10 days, but can take up to a month. Retail Ground is estimated to take Estimated 2–8 Days. Priority Mail is estimated to take 1-3 days.
NOTE: Because of covid-19, a substantial increase in online shipping, and limitations in funding, delivery times are generally delayed.
Where is my package?
- You will receive a confirmation email once your package has been shipped. If you haven't received an email yet, it may be because we are waiting on one or more of your books to arrive. If you have received your confirmation email and would like your tracking number, please email us at email@example.com.
Do you ship internationally?
- We ship anywhere in the world! The cost of an international shipment is based on weight. To find out the price, enter the book(s) you want into the Shopping Cart, and proceed with checkout. Enter the (international) address in the Shipping info section (be sure to select the correct country). On the following page. you can choose from a few shipping options in the Shipping Method dropdown bar (above where you enter any payment information).
I placed an order online for pickup - when I can I come and pick it up?
- We will email you as soon as your order is complete and ready for pickup. This can sometimes take a few days, depending on stock availability.
What are your curbside pickup hours?
- Our curbside pickup hours are Monday-Tuesday 11am-4pm, Wednesday-Saturday 11am-5pm, and Sunday 12-4pm. You do NOT need to make an appointment for pickup: just walk up to the door, tell us your name, and we’ll hand you your order.
How long after I place an order do I have to pick it up?
- We ask that customers pick up their orders within 5 business days of receiving the confirmation email letting them know their order is ready for pickup. Our store is small, and we have limited shelf space, so we very much appreciate customers picking up their order as soon as possible.
Do I need to make an appointment for curbside pickup?
- No! Come by during our pickup hours, walk up to the door and tell us your name, and we’ll hand you your order.
How do I shop in person at Book Larder?
- We are open for appointment-only instore shopping, Wednesday-Saturday 11am-4pm. Shopping appointments are 30 minutes. We can occasionally take walk-in shopping, but only if we have not reached capacity.
How do I make a shopping appointment?
- Use this link and choose the time slot that works best for you!
What safety measures have you taken in response to covid-19 for instore shopping?
- Masks are a requirement for entering the store
- We only allow a maximum of six customers in the store at a time
- We sanitize surfaces between each set of shopping appointments
- We have set up a plexiglass barrier between the employee and customer for checkout
- In order to reduce interaction time, no cash will be accepted. We only accept card payments, and we encourage you to use contactless payment like Apple Pay.
Can I bring someone along with me for my shopping appointment?
- The appointment is for one guest, no exceptions. This allows us to manage numbers and ensure safe physical distancing in the shop. If you would like to shop with another person (including a child), they must schedule an appointment as well. There are a limited number of spots each hour.
What is a virtual shopping appointment?
- Can't make it in person? You can schedule a virtual trip with a Book Larder bookseller. We'll take you through the shop and help you make choices via either Zoom or FaceTime. To schedule a Virtual Appointment, follow the link: https://www.booklarder.com/appointment
How do I purchase a gift certificate?
- Follow this link. Enter either your address or the recipient's address in the Shipping Info section. Please note that all our gift certificates are hand-written, and are not available digitally.
How do I use my gift certificate on the website?
- We do not yet have a way to automatically use gift cards on our website. Please enter the gift certificate number in the Add A Note To Your Order section on the checkout page, and we will refund the gift certificate amount once your order has been processed.
Can I add a note to my gift certificate?
- Yes! On the Checkout page, you can enter a note to include in the "Add A Note To Your Order" box. Space is limited on the card, so please keep it brief!
Looking for a specific book?
- You can use the search bar on our website to see some of our current store selection. Can’t find it on the website? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to check our shelves or place a special order for you.
Do you have x book in stock?
- We do our best to keep our website accurate, so usually if our website has the book, we either have it in stock or can get it quickly. You can email us at email@example.com if you want more details, or want something that isn't on the website.
Looking for a book recommendation?
- Check out our Instagram page for current staff picks, new releases, and popular titles, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for personalized picks. You can also schedule an appointment for an in-person or virtual appointment.
How do I sign up for one of your Virtual Author Talks?
- Head to our Events page, click on the event you’re interested in, and click Register For This Event
Is there a way to watch a Virtual Author Talk after it happened?
- Yes! All of our Virtual Author Talks are uploaded to our YouTube page. The videos will be uploaded within a few days of the event.
How do I book an event with Book Larder?
- For all event queries, please email email@example.com.
Do you buy/accept donations of used cookbooks?
- We only carry new cookbooks at Book Larder. We recommend checking out some of the great local bookstores that sell used books, including Third Place Books, Ophelia's Books, Magus Books, or Mercer Street Books.
Will you have more classes soon?
- We are waiting to hold classes until we can do so safely. We look forward to cooking with you soon!
How do I sign up for your newsletter?
- To sign up for our monthly newsletter, follow this link.
How do I request a donation for my charity/non-profit's auction?
- For all donation requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org