Noble Rot Issue 14: Wine on the Edge
About: Noble Rot magazine is the home of exciting wine and food writing. Since its launch in 2013, Noble Rot has seen chefs Pierre Koffmann and Fergus Henderson rubbing shoulders with Keira Knightley, Caitlin Moran, Brian Eno and Francis Ford Coppola, blurring the boundaries between gastronomy and the creative arts. Contributors include Marina O’Loughlin, Rowley Leigh, John Niven, Neal Martin, Jamie Goode, Kate Spicer and Jon Bonn. The magazine is based in London and published every four months.
Noble Rot was founded by Dan Keeling and Mark Andrew. Dan Keeling is the Fortnum & Mason Drink Writer Of The Year 2016 and the Louis Roederer Emerging Wine Writer Of The Year 2015. He previously worked in music as managing director of Island Records and head of A&R at Parlophone Records, where he was responsible for signing acts including Coldplay, Bombay Bicycle Club and Lily Allen. Mark Andrew is a Master of Wine and previously worked as head buyer at London merchant Roberson wine.
In the righteous summer instalment of Noble Rot, we...
* meet ‘the good cook’ Simon Hopkinson over lunch at West London’s 6 Portland Rd.
* visit Ribeira Sacra’s vertigo-inducing vineyards, currently producing some of Spain’s most exciting red wines.
* celebrate the last 30 years of British food in 30 iconic dishes.
* have ‘a quick snifter’ with Belgium’s finest electronic music makers Soulwax.
* take a gut-busting tour of San Sebastían, the Basque Country’s gastronomic mecca.
* meet the characters behind Russell Norman's favourite Venetian restaurants and bars.
* ask a cast of Rotters including Diana Henry, Fergus Henderson and Rowley Leigh to invent some new words for our Food & Wine Dictionary, a must read for all those suffering from fallergies, waggamumbles, or simply obsessed by neagh.