2018 was another excellent year for cookbooks. Our bestsellers list is dominated by established cookbooks authors – Yotam Ottolenghi, Nigella Lawson, Diana Henry, and Dorie Greenspan (just to name a few) all published new books this year. Two books from 2017 were also bestsellers: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat by Samin Nosrat and Six Seasons by Joshua McFadden, two powerhouse cookbooks that continue to draw customers and be staff favorites. Several local authors published wonderful books in 2018: How to Taste by Becky Selengut, Let’s Stay In by Ashley Rodriguez, Chinese Soul Food by Hsiao-Ching Chou, Home Cooking by Kate McDermott, Pasta, Pretty Please by Linda Miller Nicholson, and Searing Inspiration by Susan Volland all deserve a place on your shelf. Other favorites that didn’t make this list but are definitely worth checking out are Meera Sodha’s Fresh India, Nik Sharma’s Season, and Julia Turshen’s Now & Again.
Without further ado, here are out bestsellers of 2018:
- Ottolenghi Simple by Yotam Ottolenghi
- The Noma Guide to Fermentation by Rene Redzepi and David Zilber
- At My Table by Nigella Lawson
- Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat by Samin Nosrat
- You and I Eat the Same, Volume 1 edited by Chris Ying
- Everyday Dorie by Dorie Greenspan
- Six Seasons by Joshua McFadden and Martha Holmberg
- Israeli Soul by Michael Solomonov and Steven Cook
- Let’s Stay In by Ashley Rodriguez
- How to Eat a Peach by Diana Henry
What were your favorite cookbooks of 2018? What cookbooks are you looking forward to in 2019?