As of Monday, March 16th, Book Larder is becoming a Virtual Store until further notice. The things the staff and I love most about Book Larder are greeting our customers, chatting about books, welcoming authors, and providing a personal experience. That’s just not possible right now. So we’re going to do our best to bring that experience to you online. Here’s what we’re offering:
- Shop your favorite photo on Instagram or Facebook: See a book you want for yourself? Follow the link in profile to find out how to make it yours.
- Book a Virtual Shopping trip with Lara: I’ll take you through the shop via FaceTime and help you pick a great book. Email the shop to set up a time.
- Order gift certificates and signed books right here on our website. If you don’t see a book you want, just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll sort it out.
All orders will ship free in the continental US. Store pickup is unavailable while the Governor's Stay Home order is in place. Thank you for all of your support, and we can't wait to greet you in person again!
Book Larder opened on October 12, 2011, offering a carefully selected collection of new and imported cookbooks to lovers of food and cooking in Seattle and beyond. We are also a spot to gather for author events, cooking classes, demonstrations and other food related discussions, both formal and informal. When you visit, we hope you’ll linger over titles that catch your fancy, and make yourself at home around our big kitchen counter.
Here are a few articles that have appeared over the past few years that will tell you a bit more about who we are and what we do:
- 24 Reasons We Love Seattle Right Now
Seattle Magazine, January 2016
- The A to Z Food Lover's Guide to Seattle
Seattle Met, July 2015
- Book Larder: A Star-Filled Week
NWBooklovers.org, November 2014
- The World's Best Cookbook Stores
Bon Appetit, March 2014
- Seattle Food Establishment 2013
Seattle Magazine, April 2013
- Best Bookstore 2012
Seattle Magazine, December 2012
- Best Independent Bookstore 2012
Seattle Weekly, August 2012
- "Lara and Julia,"
KUOW presents, June 9, 2012
- "Small Businesses and Big Impacts,"
CityStream on The Seattle Channel, February 2012
- "77 Elements of a Practical and Stylish Seattle Life."
Lara's holiday cookbook recommendations, Seattle Met, November 2011
- "Book Stores Closing? Pfft, An All Cookbook Store Opens Today."
Ring my Belle with Rachel Belle, KIRO and MyNorthwest.com, October 12, 2011
- "Book Larder, Seattle's Community Cookbook Store, Opens in Fremont."
Seattle Times, October 12, 2011
- "Book Larder, A Food-Lover's Destination, Now Open in Fremont."
Seattle Magazine Blog, October 12, 2011
- "Take a Look inside Culinary Bookstore Book Larder."
Eater Seattle, October 11, 2011
- "Chow Bio"
The Stranger, October 11, 2011
- "The Perfect Party"
Seattle Met, October 2011
- "New Cookbook Store Comes To Seattle."
Seattle Magazine, October 2011
- "Book Larder to Welcome Food and Book Lovers in Fremont."
Seattlest, August 25, 2011