As of June 11th, we will be open for In-Person Shopping by Appointment, Virtual Shopping Appointment by Zoom or FaceTime, Store Pickup, Online Shopping.
In-Person and Virtual Shopping Appointments can be scheduled here. Please note: Because Book Larder is very small, we will not be open for general browsing. This will help us ensure we can keep employees and customers safe by maintaining appropriate social distance.
Store Pickup is available Monday-Saturday from 11-2. WE WILL SEND YOU EMAIL TO CONFIRM THAT YOUR ORDER IS READY. When you arrive, just come up to the door and we will hand you your package over the sandwich board sign.
Online Shopping is always available! All orders will ship free in the continental US until at least the end of June, 2020.
Thank you for your patience while we figure out new ways to move forward in these very strange times. We hope you are staying safe and healthy!
Book Larder opened on October 12, 2011, offering a carefully selected collection of new and imported cookbooks to lovers of food and cooking in Seattle and beyond. We are also a spot to gather for author events, cooking classes, demonstrations and other food related discussions, both formal and informal. When you visit, we hope you’ll linger over titles that catch your fancy, and make yourself at home around our big kitchen counter.
Here are a few articles that have appeared over the past few years that will tell you a bit more about who we are and what we do:
- 24 Reasons We Love Seattle Right Now
Seattle Magazine, January 2016
- The A to Z Food Lover's Guide to Seattle
Seattle Met, July 2015
- Book Larder: A Star-Filled Week
NWBooklovers.org, November 2014
- The World's Best Cookbook Stores
Bon Appetit, March 2014
- Seattle Food Establishment 2013
Seattle Magazine, April 2013
- Best Bookstore 2012
Seattle Magazine, December 2012
- Best Independent Bookstore 2012
Seattle Weekly, August 2012
- "Lara and Julia,"
KUOW presents, June 9, 2012
- "Small Businesses and Big Impacts,"
CityStream on The Seattle Channel, February 2012
- "77 Elements of a Practical and Stylish Seattle Life."
Lara's holiday cookbook recommendations, Seattle Met, November 2011
- "Book Stores Closing? Pfft, An All Cookbook Store Opens Today."
Ring my Belle with Rachel Belle, KIRO and MyNorthwest.com, October 12, 2011
- "Book Larder, Seattle's Community Cookbook Store, Opens in Fremont."
Seattle Times, October 12, 2011
- "Book Larder, A Food-Lover's Destination, Now Open in Fremont."
Seattle Magazine Blog, October 12, 2011
- "Take a Look inside Culinary Bookstore Book Larder."
Eater Seattle, October 11, 2011
- "Chow Bio"
The Stranger, October 11, 2011
- "The Perfect Party"
Seattle Met, October 2011
- "New Cookbook Store Comes To Seattle."
Seattle Magazine, October 2011
- "Book Larder to Welcome Food and Book Lovers in Fremont."
Seattlest, August 25, 2011