Tell of Book Larder Events and News
Here are our 10 bestselling cookbooks for December 2012. Given the continued popularity of The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook, we expect most Seattle grocery stores are completely out of coconut. Your love affair with Deb Perelman and all things Ottolenghi continues. And this month we welcome local authors Nathan Myhrvold & Maxime Bilet, Jeanne Sauvage, Jess Thomson, and Lisa Dupar to the list. Enjoy!
1. The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook: Sweetness in Seattle by Tom Douglas & Shelley Lance
2. Modernist Cuisine at Home by Nathan Myhrvold and Maxime Bilet
3. The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook by Deb Perelman
4. Jerusalem by Yotam Ottolenghi & Sami Tamimi
5. Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi
6. Gluten-Free Baking for The Holidays by Jeanne Sauvage
7. Dishing Up Washington by Jess Thomson
8. Canal House Cooks Every Day by Melissa Hamilton & Christopher Hirsheimer
9. America's Test Kitchen Slow Cooker Revolution
10. (tie) Fried Chicken and Champagne by Lisa Dupar and Barefoot Contessa Foolproof by Ina Garten
Well, hello there! Thank you for finding your way to our brand new blog. We’ll use this space to keep you posted on what we’ve been up to: authors we’ve welcomed to the shop, classes we’ve hosted, and other in-store happenings. We’ll also occasionally share thoughts and recipes from books we’re cooking from, and other musings on the state of our kitchen at home and in the shop. We hope you’ll get a better sense of our little slice of Fremont, and that what we’re excited about will offer some inspiration for your own culinary adventures.
We opened on October 12, 2011, and have been visited by so many wonderful authors, instructors, and of course, you, our customers! Here are a few photos to catch you up: